Danica Patrick's Heart Belongs To NASCAR



 Danica Patrick's Heart Belongs To NASCAR - Danica Patrick confirmed Thursday what even she admitted was one of sports' most poorly kept secrets.

"For breaking news that will shock the world ... " she announced she's switching full-time from IndyCar to NASCAR next season.

The GoDaddy girl -- she made the announcement from her sponsor's offices in Scottsdale, Ariz. -- will race a full Nationwide season for JR Motorsports and a part-time Sprint Cup schedule with Stewart-Haas Racing.

"If it was about money, I'd have gone a long time ago," Patrick said. "I just go where my heart tells me, where my gut tells me to go, where I'm enjoying my life the most, where I feel like I can have the most success. I've truly enjoyed my experience in NASCAR, to the point that I want to do it full-time."

Patrick is a hugely marketable driver, despite not winning much -- kind of like her Nationwide boss, Dale Earnhardt Jr. She has one IndyCar victory, in 2008, and three top-10 finishes in 20 Nationwide starts, all this season.

"I feel like in the last year, I've really come around much more on the track and the top-10s are happening much more frequently," Patrick said. "I feel like I'm getting it more and more all the time. I still have a lot to learn, that's for sure, but I really feel confident that I can be successful in the future."
Quick tweets

• Nate Burleson, with a retweet from a fan: "@Nate13Burleson At practice just caught a pass with his left hand, #tweeted me with his right, then got both feet down inbounds.

#TrueStory."

• Austin Daye: "On the way to LA!!!! Damn I hate when all these short dudes take the exit row on southwest!!!!"
Bottom line

• ESPN's Chris Spielman, an alum of The Ohio State University, asked if he's insulted that Brady Hoke won't utter his school's name, just saying "Ohio" instead: "I love it, I think it's great, because I always say Michigan football would be nowhere without players from Ohio, and the best guy to coach Michigan was from Ohio, Bo Schembechler, so they have to come to Ohio to get what they need to fulfill their football program. So I feel like we're a major contributor to that. So, no, of course I'm joking, but I love that."



Responses

0 Respones to "Danica Patrick's Heart Belongs To NASCAR"

Post a Comment

 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors